- The Flag banner hanging in the background was purchased at The Dollar Tree.
- The tissue paper pom poms were made with white tissue paper we had and some red & blue tissue paper packs I picked up for .97 cents each.
- The centerpiece was made with a paint can and bandanna we had. The pinwheels came from the $1 bins at Target. I put some floral foam in the bottom of the paint can and inserted the pinwheels in it to hold them in place.
- The small pails & flags also came from the $1 bins at Target. The flags were in packs of 3 for $1. Again I used the floral foam to hold the flags in place.
- The table cloth is just 2 1/2 yards of inexpensive cotton fabric.
- Sister wanted a flag cake and there are many different ways to make one. Sister chose a dark chocolate cake and cream cheese icing with strawberries and blueberries. It was a delicious flavor combination. I am in no way a great cake decorator and ended up improvising a bit. Even with a crumb coat, I ended up with tons of crumbs mixed in with the original frosting job. So I whipped up a second batch of frosting and very quickly piped it on to cover up the crumbs. You do what you have to do.
- We found red, “white”, & blue goldfish and served them in one of the Target $1 bin pails.
- The red, white & blue strawberries were a Pinterest find and were a big hit. I served them on one of my glass platters.
- The Cookie Cutter Fruit Salad was also found on Pinterest. The girls ate a bunch of this both that night and for breakfast the next day. I served it in my glass salad bowl.
- Finally, we had red, white and blue star shaped marshmallows that I served in a white & blue Pyrex bowl.
- Boxes of Cracker Jack are not easy to find. Our Publix had them in a little display up front about a month before the party and I made the mistake of not buying them then. When I went back to get them they didn’t have them anymore. After checking several different stores we finally found them at Cracker Barrel. The boxes Cracker Barrel has are vintage looking which made them really fun.
- We found Pop Rocks in packs of 3 for $1 at The Dollar Tree.
- The flags were the same 3 for $1 flags we found at Target.
- I bought the ribbon by the yard at Walmart which saved money over buying the individual spools of it. It was just .77 cents/yard instead of .99 cents/yard.
This post linked to:
I’m Lovin’ It at TidyMom
Subscribe to Frugal & Focused and get ideas and encouragement delivered to your inbox.
Enter your email address:
Delivered by FeedBurner