In case you haven’t noticed, I love fall! The cooler weather makes it a great time of year for spending time outdoors with the family. With that in mind, here are five fun ways to spend a fall afternoon.
- Visit a pumpkin patch. These are a little harder to come by in the Florida panhandle but an afternoon at the pumpkin patch is always a fun way to spend a fall afternoon. Climbing mountains of hay, winding your way through corn mazes, drinking apple cider and bouncing along in the back on a wagon on the way out to the patch to pick the perfect pumpkin is a great way to enjoy time with family and create priceless memories.
- Rake leaves. You generally won’t have any trouble convincing your kids to do a little yard work when there’s the promise of jumping into a big pile of leaves. There is nothing like watching your kids running, laughing and jumping with sheer joy as they play in the leaves. Be sure to join them in the fun.
- Go to a fall festival. There are festivals aplenty this time of year. You will likely find an abundance of them at churches, schools and communities in your area.With games to play, prizes to win, and delicious food to try, a good time will be had by all.
- Carve or decorate a pumpkin. So you picked out the perfect pumpkin (or two or three) at the pumpkin patch, don’t let it just sit there being all orange. It’s time to get creative. If carving scary faces on your pumpkin isn’t your thing, don’t let that stop you. Melt crayons on them, turn them into planters for your fall flowers, paint them, or make a pumpkin topiary.
- Make fall treats. So what do you do if the weather isn’t cooperating for an outdoor adventure? Go to your kitchen and spend the afternoon making some delicious fall treats. These mini caramel apples are sure to be a hit with the kids. Or maybe you’d prefer some Pear Oat Muffins. If you carved pumpkins, you can toast the pumpkin seeds for a yummy treat. Or make any of the abundance of pumpkin recipes out there.
Whatever you decide to do, enjoy your time with the family.