This post contains affiliate links. See my disclosure policy for more details.
With a twelve year old daughter, I’m in the thick of preteen parenthood right now. And I love it (most of the time)! She’s a really great
kid young lady. There’s been a definite shift in gift requests from her the last few years. No more dolls, no more play sets. It can be a bit challenging to figure it out sometimes.
Here are six ideas if you’re struggling with what to get the preteen girl in your life
- iTunes Gift Card – Sister bought her own iPod touch so she loves when she receives iTunes gift cards. This is a popular gift request among her friends as well.
- Books – I think books are always a good idea, no matter what the age of the child. Sister always has them on her list. If you’re unsure of what book to buy, go with a book store gift card.
- Lip gloss, nail polish, etc. – Not every preteen girl will want this but most of the ones I know love this kind of gift. Fix them up a little basket or box with a few of these items.
- A cool pair of shoes – Their growing fast right now and going through shoes like water. Getting them a pair of cool shoes that they love is always a fun surprise. Fuzzy boots are particularly popular around here.
- A camera – Yes, most preteens have a camera on their iPod or iPhone these days but they’re old enough to take care of a good quality camera now. And you never know, it just might encourage a love of photography, which in my opinion is always a good thing.
- A Study or Devotional Bible – Preteen girls are facing different challenges in life than they were a few years earlier. A good study or devotional Bible that is age appropriate is a great gift. My daughter really likes her Girls Life Application Study Bible and the Jesus Calling Devotional Bible.
What are your gift ideas for preteen girls?
Disclosure – Affiliate links are used to refer readers to the products mentioned. A small commission is made when a product is purchased using one of these links at no additional cost to you. All opinions expressed are my own. See my disclosure policy for more details. Thank you!