I love to decorate for Valentine’s Day. It’s a fun holiday to celebrate and I love the colors associated with it. That being said, I’m not about to spend a lot of money on my Valentine’s Day decor. In fact, most of it is stuff I already have that I just re-purposed a bit.
Here’s a little peek at how I decorated this year.
All my attention was focused on the mantel this year.
- The candles are on my mantel year round. I taped strips of tan scrapbook paper around them and added die cut red embossed heart flowers to the front.
- I made the “You Are Loved” word art and put it in a frame I already had. You can get a free printable of the word art here.
- The word “LOVE” is always on my mantel.
- The two glass jars on each side of the “LOVE” are filled with cinnamon hearts. They usually have seashells in them.
- I added a black and white print of our recent family portrait to a frame I already had.
- I put a small framed wedding photo on top of a book I bought for my husband when we got married in 1994.
- The art print behind the photos is called “The Diamond Shine of God”. I won it in a blog giveaway a while back and love it.
- The pitcher is always on my mantel.
- I made a banner from some wired burlap ribbon I had from another project.
- I made yarn pom poms to go on each end with yarn I had from another project.
- The flower heart was a gift from one of my daughters.
And that’s it, my simple and frugal Valentine’s Day decor.
Do you decorate for Valentine’s Day?
Sharing this post here:
WFMW at We Are THAT Family