Good Monday morning! I hope your week is off to an excellent start. My girls were off to their first day of school this morning. They seemed excited as well as a little bit tired. I’m sure it won’t take long for them to adjust to the earlier bedtimes. The challenge is to get them to adjust to the earlier wake up times.
I figured that with my girls back in school that this would be a good week to focus on back to school ideas here. I’ll be sprinkling ideas throughout my posts this week.
I always try to have a special treat to welcome my girls home after their first day of school. It’s often some kind of baked goody like cookies but today I may just surprise them with popsicles. I’m still thinking on it.
If you’re looking for a way to treat your kids after school, here are a few fun ideas beyond the chocolate chip cookie to consider.
- Chalk Board Treats - I made these for the girls last year and they were a hit. They are super cute and easy.
- Apple Sandwiches – These are fun and healthy.
- Peanut Butter Banana Spirals - Peanut butter and banana are a yummy, kid-friendly combo.
- Bite Size Honey Popcorn Balls – Crunchy and sweet. Sounds good to me.
- Mini Caramel Apples – Just as tasty but much easier to eat than regular caramel apples.
Now onto the menu plan.
Breakfast: cereal, nuts, yogurt, fresh fruit, smoothies, cinnamon bread
Crock Pot Pork Carnitas, rice, black beans (pork roast from the freezer)
Baby Girls Birthday Dinner – Dad’s Fried Chicken Strips, mac n’ cheese, salad, cornbread, ice cream cake
Fried & steamed shrimp or maybe Jambalaya
Sharing this post here:
Menu Plan Monday at Orgjunkie.com