This post brought to you by Fresh from Florida. All opinions are 100% mine.
My husband and I love seafood. One of our favorite things about living in Florida is the abundant access to fresh seafood.
Our go to seafood item of choice is the fresh, local Shrimp. It is quick and easy to prepare in addition to being super tasty. Our local seafood market is our favorite place to buy Shrimp but we can always buy some at our local Publix if we’re pressed for time and can’t get to the local market.
Recently, we were checking out the recipes at the Fresh From Florida website and the Rock Shrimp Roll caught our eye so we decided to give it a try.
It came together very quickly and made for a delicious lunch. However, the leftovers were even better after they had chilled in the refrigerator for a few hours.
We did make a few small changes to the recipe. I added a few drops of hot sauce for a little kick and left out the almonds. I will probably use a little less mustard the next time I make it but we will definitely make it again.
Here’s the recipe so you can try it too.
Fresh From Florida Rock Shrimp Roll
- 1/3 c. mayonnaise
- 1/3 c. sour cream
- 1 T. prepared Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 c. red onion, chopped
- 1/2 c. celery, chopped
- 1 1/2 lb. rock shrimp meat, cooked
- 1/4 c. slivered almonds
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 hoagie rolls, sliced
- iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 2 tomatoes,sliced
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, Worcestershire, red onion, and celery in a medium bowl.
- Gently add shrimp and almonds. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, fill rolls with shrimp mixture. Add shredded lettuce and tomato slices.
What is your favorite way to eat Shrimp?